Thursday 30 September 2010

Dear Morning Sickness,

I'd forgotten how much of a cursed blessing you are. I love you, because feeling so crummy makes me think that baby must be doing alright. And I hate you, because I feel sick as a dog most of the time and cannot bear to even be near my favourite foods at the moment.
You arrived right on time, just one day before the 6 weeks mark. First you disguised yourself as a little queasiness, but soon you lifted the cloak and revealed yourself in all your full glory. You also brought your friend, Fatigue, along which I'm sure was done only with the best intentions. However dealing with both of you can be a bit much sometimes.
So glad as I was to see you arrive, I will also be counting the days to your departure. Last time you were kind enough to leave on time, right around twelve weeks, and I hope you will do the same this time. The Christmas marketing is already in full rage and it would be nice to be able to enjoy a few Christmas treats without my stomach churning at the sight of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment