Thursday 7 October 2010

Appointment!

So just when I'd decided I'd ring my Doctors surgery tomorrow as I hadn't heard from a midwife, I get a phone call. It's my new midwife! Unfortunately though she's going on holiday from tomorrow - and the week after, I'll be away on holiday - and the week after that, I can't do the Thursday as that's my only work day. So eventually we agreed on having the appointment on 30 October. I'll be nearly 11 weeks by then!
While I know that nothing really happens in the early weeks of the pregnancy anyway, I'm still a bit disappointed to have to wait so long. I was really looking forward to having this appointment soon, if only to break up the wait for the NT scan; and to finally get my official maternity notes! At the moment I still sometimes feel like a fake, like I'm not really pregnant because I haven't got any paperwork saying I am. Silly, I know.
Oh well, at least now I've got a date and I know that I haven't been forgotten about. And it's only three weeks away, really. And hopefully I'll get my ultrasound appointment in the post soon, too, then I've really got something to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment