Sunday 22 August 2010

Good Things!

So, as promised. I'm trying to focus more on the good things in life now. So, here goes!
-Teddy has been eating well for a few weeks now. I don't yet know if it is just a phase, or if it has finally clicked - touch wood! - but for the first time ever, he is showing interest in food. He even half opens his mouth on the few occasions that I still spoon-feed him. Still not a gaping wide mouth, but it's better than trying to squeeze a spoon through lips that are sealed shut, I can tell you! This week, he has also started asking for food which again he never used to. Maybe it helps that he now has words for food (either "nom nom" or "yum yum"); but he also shows me by leading me into the kitchen and then having me open the fridge, and he takes out what his heart desires (mostly it's blueberries!). He's also taking food off my or M's plate when we eat, again a complete novelty for us! While I know that all these things are perfectly normal and most children probably display them at a year younger already, fo us this is a major breakthrough. It seems Teddy has finally realised that food isn't a bad thing but something you can enjoy! He also only threw up twice this last week (which is a welcome change from the 4-5 times a week he used to puke) which shows me that this mental block he seems to have had is finally starting to crumble.
- We looked at a house yesterday... and we both liked it! It is in a reasonably good area in a village, has a good sized garden and spacious rooms downstairs. The only thing that worried me a bit is that the bedrooms weren't very big. But then I figure it's better to have smaller bedrooms and the rest is ok, rather than going for a bigger house in a not so good area! You can't have everything, right? The decor is also a bit off - an elderly lady lives there so it's very much granny style! But that's easily fixed and I wouldn't mind a few weeks of redecorating. the rest is all in very good condition, the house has obviously been well looked after and all the essentials have been modernised (windows, heating, electricity). M and I have decided we're going to put an offer in... I was so excited last night, I could barely go to sleep! 
I'm really hoping we'll get this house, as this would also definitely give me something to focus on and keep me busy (and away from obsessing over TTC too much!).

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds so good!! I'm so happy to hear that Teddy is eating better, as I imagine that was a big source of stress for you- even though it was something you couldn't control, somehow I think we as mothers always feel a little bit responsible. I'm really hoping you get the house as well!

    ReplyDelete